Friday, January 2, 2009

honey lime chicken enchiladas

This recipe can be found on both The Sisters' Cafe and My Kitchen Cafe blogs (picture taken from My Kitchen Cafe). I have made it a couple of times now and my husband prefers a little less lime in the marinade, so I watered it down a bit from the original recipe. I also decided that I prefer a little less chicken per enchilada, so I upped the tortilla count and used more than one casserole dish. I haven't tried it yet, but sour cream could also be mixed in to the final sauce before you pour it over the dish.



6 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
12-14 flour tortillas
monterey jack cheese, shredded
2 cans green enchilada sauce

Mix the first five ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes. Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with enchilada sauce. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving some cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, switching to the broiler for the last couple of minutes until brown and crispy on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment